Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Love to create...

I have friends who ask me how I find the time to sew, create, cook, volunteer...all of the things that I love to do when I'm not working at my "real" job.  The answer is simple...it feels my cup.  My 40 hour a week job, allows me to feel like I'm making a difference in the lives of children other than my own...and helps pay the bills.  But when I get home...creating something beautiful or tasty allows me to feel like I'm making our home a cozy and safe place for my OWN family.  And it helps me debrief...breathe...get away from the sadness and loss of innocence that I witness on a daily basis.  And so, that is how I find the time.  If you have somehow found my blog...thank you for allowing me this indulgence.  In my 8-5 job I hope to give a child at least a moment of comfort and safety.  On this blog...I hope I can add some beauty to a life, whether through a homemade creation or a random thought....

My latest pillow...


If you get a chance...smile at someone you don't know.  You never know what kind of impact you might have...

Hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment