Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beautiful roses....

I don't have a lot to say today, other than I feel so sad for the people of Missouri...they are in our hearts and prayers.  Nature can be so cruel and unforgiving. 

And nature can also give us this....

...and this...even the weeds.  (The holes dug by the roses are courtesy of Rocket...our loving, wonderful, spazzy (is that a word) overgrown puppy...)

Which allows me to do this...
And this....
I didn't do anything to my roses this year, other than a very hasty prune job.  They are producing more blooms than ever...so I think Mother Nature is tryng to tell me something....

My daughter stayed home from school yesterday with a sinus infection, so I jumped for joy because that meant I got to stay home as well used the time to finish some of my lampshades.
 
I LOVE this one.  It looks so adorable in a vignette, sans lamp!  But it also looks amazing with on a lamp, alone, or coupled with another shade.  Yes....lampshade layering...the latest in lamp attire....  ;)

This lamp is vintage...pink, frosted glass.  So stinking cute.  But she was a little shy because she was lacking a shade.  So...I took care of that.   I was inspired by my roses.  Now she is the belle of the ball.  Both of these shades are on my Etsy...take a look! 

And please pray for the people in Missouri.

God Bless....

No comments:

Post a Comment