Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's 5 o'clock somwhere...right?

Do you ever have one of those days?  You know, the kind where you get out of bed and just KNOW something is waiting for you on the other side of the door?  And you can only hope it's something GOOD?  Yeah, well...this is what was waiting for me this morning. 
And this.
Turns out when you live in a house that is 30+ years old, things are gonna break.  And pipes are gonna leak.  Kind of like us girls.  But I'm pretty sure this leak wasn't caused by giving birth to two children, or sneezing, or running, or spontaneous jumping up and down while cheering at a sporting event.  I digress.  As my luck would have it, I discovered said leak AFTER the hubby had left for work.  So I assessed the situation and did what any good blogger/crafter/repurposer would do. 
I posted my need for a good and reasonable plumber (NOT cheap...that would be insulting!) on Facebook, donned my "bombshell" tanktop, grabbed a plunger....because that's the extent of my plumbing knowledge, and waited.  And just like the old saying...good things truly do happen to those who wait.  The social network came through for me and the leak was fixed for less than $100.  And I didn't even have to open the bottle of wine I instinctively reached for when I discovered the leak.  Which I would have had to drink in the closet because it was only 7:30 in the morning.  And I don't know where it's 5 o'clock when it's 7:30 here.  But it's gotta be somewhere....right? 

HUGS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment