Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And so it begins....

It's official.  I'm the mother of a highschool freshman.  Let the sleepless nights fun times begin!  The man child "promoted" (we're not allowed to use the word "graduate" for our middle school...) from 8th grade last Friday.  I was expecting to instantly well up with tears the moment I saw him walk across the stage, but instead my heart swelled with pride.  It was so wonderful to watch him and his friends end one chapter of their lives and start the next exciting adventure.  The weekend was full of beach parties, swim parties, family and friends...he was in his element!  I can't wait to watch him grow (not that he's short at 6'3") and develop as a young man.  Watch him in his first highschool football game...first highschool baseball game.  Watch him get ready for his first formal.  Watch as he and his amazing group of friends develop even stronger relationships that will last for years to come.  We are so proud of you, son.  Mommy and Daddy love you very much.  And yes...I will continue to yell embarrassing things like, "Way to go, sweetie!"  or "Go get 'em, bubby!"  at all of your games.  Because I can.  I'm your mom.  It's my right. 
I think we're going to need a bigger doorway...
CONGRATS! 

(Mom and I were able to sneak in some creative moments...around midnight.  Didn't get as much done as we planned, probably due to the margarita-induced giggle fest that hampered our progress!  But I managed to make a pillow, deconstruct and then RE-construct a lampshade, and mom made some adorable aprons. Here's a peek...check out my Etsy site for the rest!)

(our beautiful baby doll modeling one of Grandma's darling aprons...)

No comments:

Post a Comment