Monday, April 25, 2011

This is scary yet exciting!

WOW!  I can't believe I'm doing this!  I discovered the world of blogs about three months ago, when I was looking for ways to upholster a chair I found at our local Hopsice Thrift Store.  When I hit enter, the first site I found was that of Miss Mustard Seed...and I was hooked!  I discovered my love for drop cloths, lust for the elusive chalk paint, and need to recover, refinish, paint, decoupage, anything that dares to get in my way! 

I have always loved to sew, but being the mommy of two very active children, wife to a husband who works in law enforcement, as well as holding an emotionally draining 40 hour a week job left me little free time.  I've realized in the last year or so that I really need my creative outlet to help me cope with the stress of my "real" job.  I started making pillows, wreaths, and some other home accessories and found that I was a much happier,  less insane enjoyable person to be around...at least that's what my family tells me!  At the encouragement of my wonderful, supportive husband, mother and daughter, I took some of my things to a local shop, Time Since Remembered, and Ellen wanted to sell ALL of it!  I think she recognized a crazed, frenetic kindred spirit!  I have now worked up enough courage to start an online business, A Little Birdie Told Me, hoping to sell some of my creations.  This is all very new for me, and I have to admit I'm overwhelmingly a tad bit afraid of rejection!  But I have to do this.  I must take this leap.  I want to be an example to my children...if you want something, you have to make it happen! 

I'm This blog is a work in progress, and I will be the first to admit that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing!  If you "find" me and are a seasoned blogger, please feel free to offer advice, tips, constructive criticism...anything!  I will be sharing my home, rants, and raves and can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment